onsdag 21. januar 2015

British Museum - London Trip

British Museum is a well-known museum located in London. It is dedicated mainly to human history and culture, and is very large. Its permanent exhibitions contain over 8 million pieces and works documenting human history from the very beginning. I have visited the museum before, but I think history is very interested and I’m excited to go here again.
Report from visit: The British museum was very interesting. The exterior of the building itself was very intriguing. The building is huge, white and has giant pillars. I really liked the glass ceiling inside. I didn’t get to see everything but of what I did see, the mummies were the coolest. And I learned that the ancient Egyptians also mummified animals such as eels, crocodiles, fish and birds! I always thought that only kings were mummified. Between the ancient Iranian exhibition and the Celtic exhibition, there was a woman who shoed us pieces from the exhibitions. These were from the bronze age and the iron age, and the oldest one was over 3000 years old! First she had us guess what they were. One was a part of horse-reins, and the other one was an axe. She then explained how they were made, which was one of the most interesting things. The one was first made in wax, before it was covered in clay. 
When the clay had dried, molten iron was poured into the clay mould. The wax on the inside melted, but the clay did not, and that’s how they made iron shapes and parts! The other one, the axe, was made of two moulds put together, but with a bone or round piece of hard clay in the middle for a hole. The axe head was then put on a stick or rod. Overall, it was definitely a learning experience.I also enjoyed the part of the museum that thought me about Iran's earlier history. It was great learning about my older generation's culture.




Sources:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar